Surrender All: An Illuminated Journal Retreat Through the Stations of the Cross (Paperback)
Contemporary Catholic artist Jen Norton offers a unique opportunity to ponder the extravagant love of Christ through the Stations of the Cross. Combining Norton's powerful, full-color illustrations with scripture, her original reflections and prayers, and journaling space, Surrender All will help you encounter Christ's Passion in a new light.
Full of passion, energy, and faith, Jen Norton's paintings have inspired believers from every walk of life. In this beautiful book, Norton takes you on a personal retreat, inviting you to walk with Jesus from the joy of Palm Sunday through the Stations of the Cross and to the glory of the Resurrection.
In each chapter you will find:
- stirring interpretations of scenes from Jesus' final days leading up to his death and resurrection, with complementary scripture art to deepen your devotion;
- brief scripture readings accompanied by a reflection from the author;
- journal prompts to help you experience the stations more deeply;
- a creative exercise based on the Gospel passage; and
- prayers to draw your heart to Jesus.
As you ponder each image and meditate through the day's readings and journaling prompts, you will find yourself surrendering to the Son of Man who offered himself up for us all.
Surrender All is a perfect prayer companion for adoration or holy hour, Lenten devotions, or personal prayer any time of the year.